Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Word Journey on HEART at WAR vs. HEART at PEACE

1828 Dictionary: Heart: The seat of the understanding; as an understanding heart.
War: Enmity; disposition to contention.
The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart.
Peace: Public tranquility; that quiet, order and security which is guaranteed by the laws; as, to keep the peace; to break the peace. This word is used in commanding silence or quiet; as, peace to this troubled soul.
Scriptures: Heart at War: The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.
                      -Psalms 55:21

Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
                     -Psalms 27:3

Heart at Peace: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
                     -John 14:27

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
                    -John 16:33

My Definition: Heart at War: This means that you are at war with yourself first, which leads to others. If you are at war with yourself, there will usually be someone you are at war with that isn’t yourself too.

Heart at Peace: To live with a heart of peace, means to be at peace with yourself and everyone else around you. If you are at peace with yourself and with God, you will be at peace with the people around you as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment