Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Word Journey on JOY

1828 Dictionary: 1. The passion or emotion excited by the acquisition or expectation of good; that excitement of pleasurable feelings which is caused by success, good fortune, the gratification of desire or some good possessed, or by a rational prospect of possessing what we love or desire; gladness; exultation; exhilaration of spirits. JOY is a delight of the mind, from the consideration of the present or assured approaching possession of a good.
Dictionary.com: The emotion of great delight or Happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation.
LDS.org: And for this cause ye shall have fulness of joy; and ye shall sit down in the kingdom of my Father; yea, your joy shall be full, even as the Father hath given me fulness of joy; and ye shall be even as I am, and I am even as the Father; and the Father and I are one;
                    -3 Nephi 28:10
Wherefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.
                    -Isaiah 51:11
Quotes: Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
                    -Helen Keller
I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.
                    -Charles R. Swindoll 

My Definition: Happiness. Joy is there no matter what. Even if we feel like just crying in a hole and giving up. Joy is there to save. I love Joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment